Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Feel the burn.

It's not a secret that I'm trying to lose weight...

In fact, I feel like I'm being pretty annoying to the people who have to be around me all day (work folks.. the husband... Couch Amanda) because I'm slightly obsessed.... I almost have to be to make this work. Counting calories... working out... food journal... exercise journal... I've quit allowing myself to weigh except for once a week (Thursday is dooms day!)...I need some new conversation material, I'm aware.

Tonight Couch Amanda came over and we were going to do Jillian Micheals Yoga Meltdown DVD: keyword being MELTDOWN.

Unlike a traditional group exercise class, the instructor can't hear us (sorry... that's a given..but I felt the need to include it)... which is good, because Couch Amanda talks. A lot. And I usually laugh at whatever she has to say... then I say something.. she laughs... we crack ourselves up. We are hilarious, trust me.
BUT at one point I felt a little guilty that we weren't paying attention (I attended a REAL class this week... the kind where talking while workout is in session is frowned upon) and C. A. said "Pssssch, she can't hear us" - then she proceeded to flip my TV off. 

That's when things started going downhill.

about 10 minutes into this 30 minute DVD, Jillian froze up (in an unfortunate position, I must add) and we decided to give up on her. THEN SHE CAME BACK... C. A. was not very happy about it... she actually groaned and claimed her spot on the couch. I kept going listening to phrases like "you can probably feel the burn" and "slowly lower into chaturanga" and "you're doing great!". Jillian Micheals... you do not know that I'm doing great. And I officially hate the word "chaturanga".



Tomorrow: a trip to the gym without Jillian Micheals.

See.. I can't seem to talk about anything else. Eh...

No comments:

Post a Comment