Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas-y things

I sneezed on someone today.

I'm not proud of it.

A complete stranger in the grocery store came to get milk, and left with milk plus my snot.

I HATE being sick.

I tried really hard not to be all "woe is me" because it's Christmas and Luke is home and I was with family... Luckily (sorry dad...) Dad had the same whatever that I have... so together we were pretty pitiful. My poor mother.

Before I got sick I hurt my back... like an old lady - WHAT is going on? I can't complain too much... Doc sent me the good pills (the kind that make large family gatherings easier).

Anyways... It's been really great visiting with friends and family and all - but I'm done with this cold. DONE.

Conversation between the husband and me today:

Me: I hate that I've been sick.... I haven't been awake for a full day in almost a week.
Husband: .... yeah? :he looks at me over his glasses... nose pointed down:
Me: Well... I guess that's not so abnormal... I'm just sorry I'm sick.
Husband: Yeah, I thought that's what you meant.

To the individual I sneezed on: I'm really sorry... it sneaked up on me... I'm normally not so disgusting.

I love Christmas.... it's possibly my favorite time of year - but I haven't been able to enjoy it as much as normal. I did manage to keep my scrooge-ness to myself (that is until now). You won't get a "bah humbug" out of me; I still have enjoyed it all... minus the sneezing on strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment