Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Last Post: October 2012. WHAT?!

I don't really even know where to start. I haven't been here in so long. I'm really just trying not to type too loudly (the husband is attempting sleep... he is much better at this than I am)

Let's see...

How about HERE (?)
:

Does this piss anyone else off the same way it does me? Here is the deal: nobody is going to pay me to hang out with my child all day and drink wine/surf Pinterest while he is napping. These are the things I love to do. They aren't exactly marketable... I realize.

I know there are a select few people who DO love what they do... and that's fabulous for them...but I don't love what I do. 99.999998% of the people in my life don't love what they do, either. Most of the time.. I don't even like it. On any given day at my job I'm going to get yelled at, listen to a story about how grandma has died 15 times now and that's why someone can't pay rent until the 33rd of the month, smell smells that nobody should ever have to encounter, deal with non-emergencies that people think are emergencies, balance a non-existent budget and share 1 bathroom with the general public. The general public can be gross.

Yes. I should be thankful. Yes, there are many people who would like my position. Yes. You're right. And I am thankful... because:

This is why I do what I do: 



And I love him. So: THAT is how I make it to work each day - even if I don't love my job. Because I get to come home to this sweet baby boy every night... and he fills my life with joy. The kind I never could have imagined.

Of course... I'll still be on the lookout for that full time Pinterest-surfing/wine-drinking job. Duh.

Disclaimer: I adore (most of) the people I work with - and I'm privileged to have them in my life. I also deeply care about many of my residents. It's been a particularly rough couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. For all intents and purposes, I do what I love. And it's still not all it's cracked up to be. If anything, I could argue against it, eventually you will hate something you once loved- as is anytime obligation becomes a factor. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete