Friday, November 4, 2011

I'm sorry, I can't - I have to wash my hair.

I'm officially lame.

and I completely expect to get judged for this, but that's okay - I'm asking for it, right?

The husband and I got asked to go to dinner and a movie tonight. by friends that we haven't seen in a while. a long while....

it was sort of short notice.

We're not short notice kind of people (anymore).

Instead I (kindly) replied that we have a date.... at the grocery store... Looking back, I probably should have just left it at "we have a date".

I get how terrible that sounds, but in my defense, we really do love going to the grocery store together. And we're sooo out of all the things that make our tummies happy.





After I replied and felt like an ass (I mean, I may as well have said "I have to wash my hair"... which I really should do soon), I realized that she must think we're such losers now...


These are friends that we used to go out with and stay up until the wee hours of the morning dancing and drinking and laughing and being silly with.

Oops.

Off to Kroger!!

1 comment:

  1. Eh. At least you were planning on leaving the house. I've declined offers just to stay home and sit on the couch watching TV. Of course I never TOLD THEM THIS!
    There's nothing wrong with being happy alone with your spouse. But I would probably pass on the lame excuses. :)

    ReplyDelete