Monday, July 18, 2011

The Dog (sitting) Days Are Over

SO....
I emailed my boss lady last night because Luke is sick and JD couldn't miss his client meeting this morning. I told her I would be at work by 12:30. Let me just recap how my night went. OH - and I'm dog sitting this little puppy named Kent. He is adorable, and his mommy is my friend. And Amanda - my bestie that is always on our couch - is spending the night. We sort of refer to her as our adopted daughter. Our first born.
12:00... finally get to bed.I'm not really sure what the hold up was, but I didn't get to bed until this late.

1:30.... Luke gets us up. He isn't feeling well and he can't sleep.
3:00 Luke gets us up.
4:30 Luke gets us up.
5:30 Luke gets us up.
6:00 we had JUST fallen back asleep. Amanda gets us up because she needs to let Dakota out (her dog) and she doesn't know how to disarm the security system. I tell her if she is going to let Dakota out, Shep (large dopey dog) is going to hear her and she'll just have to let all the dogs out. Including Pete - even though he maintains that he is not a dog.
6:05 - Amanda STOMPS back into our bedroom to tell us that Kent has been sick ALL in his kennel - and that he is now running around our garage covered in poo.
I lay there for a minute trying to take in what this means for me....
6:07 - she comes back in to tell me that Shep has had a similar experience. Naturally, since he is my baby, I jump out of bed and the second I walk into the garage... the smell slaps me across the face... I have never smelled something so AWFUL. SO AWFUL....... so. awful.
I get Shep outside and grab a towel to go find Kent (I also make "shoes" out of Kroger bags....my feet were bare!) - I wrap him in the towel and get him outside... I bleach the floor of the garage, the living room (our little Amanda ran through the house after stepping all in Kent's mess...), I throw a rug away that was ruined in the process.... then JD and I go out to hose the dogs and their beds down.
I called the vet - by now it's 7:30.... they don't open until 8. JD, Amanda and I lay down (all in our bed... but we were so sleepy that it wasn't weird) and we sleep for 30 minutes... then I prep my car AKA load it down with towels and blankets that I will later have to burn - and then I put Kent (who still reeks!) and Shep (who is just tired and listless) in my back seat.... take them to the vet.
Kent is so dehydrated that they kept him for the day. Shep gets to go back home and get treated like a little prince.... Luke and JD are home laying around... and I'm feeling quite zombie-ish. It's now 1:00 PM.

I get a call from the vet around 5ish - I've been as productive as a sleepless girl can be at work - and I head to go get Kent.

He is currently sleeping in my laundry room... poor little guy..... I feel so bad for him. His momma is in Honduras doing the Lord's work until Saturday. I feel like the worst dog sitter EVER - even though I know I did all I could do...

Ack.

No comments:

Post a Comment