Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sometimes we lie to kids.

It feels *kind of* bad to lie to Luke... so frequently... but hear me out.

He is the typical, tomato hating 7 year old. He doesn't want tomatoes touching anything he plans on eating - and he definitely doesn't want me to do the mom thing and try to sneak them into his belly.

I found a way around this.

"It's not tomato, Luke. It's rotel - like in cheese dip!" Not all the way a lie.... and he doesn't ask any questions about anything related to cheese dip. Cheese dip is the ultimate kid delicacy.

Last night he was eating my husband's version of chicken spaghetti - which is probably better than mine... - and he says "Is this tomato or rotel?" I very quickly said "ROTEL! We know you don't like tomatoes"

To which he responded, "well... it's just that, I don't think I can tell the difference anymore. I think I like tomatoes"

HOORAY!!!

PS - my husband is off work all week... can I just say that having a house husband is AMAZING. I come home and dinner is ready... I even get handed a glass of wine. A girl could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment