Tuesday, September 20, 2011

There is a rule

Now, correct me if I'm wrong...

Isn't there an unspoken rule in the workplace?

A rule about #2....

ISN'T THERE???!

I work for three properties (one of them is a 2fer... two properties, one office) - and in both office there is one bathroom in not so private areas. One of them has the bathroom directly between the managers office and the KITCHEN and the area for residents... the other office has a bathroom located in the back next to the assistant manager and where I'm usually sitting....

When someone breaks this unspoken rule, NO ONE is safe.

It's awful.

GO HOME. do it during lunch. POO ELSEWHERE.

How can this not make complete sense to the rest of the world?

At the 2fer property... our mailman (a very nice, older gentleman - think... Santa Claus but wayyy skinnier.. so not Santa at all, just skinny older man with a white beard) is very friendly. He comes in around 1ish every day... and every day he chats with me about whatever is going on (typically the weather.. because he is a mailman) and after our lengthy chats he goes on to abuse the bathroom... 20 minutes later he'll walk out and wave goodbye as if he didn't just make my lunch come back up.

As for my coworkers... I just don't understand how they can look the rest of us in the eyes after doing something so terrible. 

Now, I understand that emergencies come up... but there are public bathrooms right around the corner from our offices for those kind of... sudden happenings.

THERE IS A RULE.

Also... if I don't hear the water run for at least 30 seconds after you flush (because we can allllll hear you flush) I totally judge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment